I have had so much fun working on our little guy's nursery! I've really let my little creative side come out and go to work. I've been learning how to use my sewing machine a lot better, and while most of the pieces I've done aren't very complex and have the occasional blemish, they have been made with love! Here's a sneak peek of what we've done so far...

The tree on the wall is actually a vinyl "wall slick" we found at www.wallslicks.com - no painting necessary and it is removable if you don't want it down the road!
I found three fabrics that I really like together and made the window valance
This changing table was given to us by one of Paul's co-workers who was getting rid of it (score!) and I made the little curtain to go on the front to match the window valance 
This dresser came from Paul's parents - it was actually in his nursery as a baby and we painted it to match the room (I should say that Paul painted it!!) I love the way the blue turned out and think it really ties the room together and gives it that extra pop!
He is definitely growing bigger, and I just love feeling him move in there. I already feel such a bond with our little guy and can't wait for him to get here so I can cuddle with him! :-) I will post more as we put the finishing touches on the nursery...
Ahhhh this is so gorgeous!! (or should I say handsome?) I love the dresser - so fun and funky. Way to go, miss creative!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's a perfect little place for Tiny Jules! You are so creative and you have such a good eye for colors. I love it all! - Auntie Katie
ReplyDelete